Terry has been in the retirement plan industry for over 36 years. He is responsible for overseeing the operation of the firm as well as the overall marketing and communication strategy. Terry has been involved in the installation of over 3,000 retirement plans during his career and is widely regarded as an expert in the field. He has an extensive background in the multiple employer retirement plan field, having over 25 years of experience in this highly specialized area.
Terry is a frequent speaker at industry events and is often quoted in financial publications.
Professional Designations Earned:
Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®)
Accredited Investment Fiducary Analyst® (AIFA®)
Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent (ERPA)
Certified Retirement Plans Specialist® (CRPS®)
Qualified Plan Administrator® (QPA®)
Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA®)
Chief Executive Officer, Fidelis Fiduciary Management
Mike Montgomery has spent more than three decades in the retirement plan business, including successful stints with leading retirement plan providers. Recognizing that many plan sponsors need assistance with fiduciary issues, Mike founded Fidelis Fiduciary Management in 2013, where he serves as ERISA investment fiduciary for over $800 million in retirement plan assets.A sought after writer, speaker, and expert focusing on industry issues and fiduciary practices, Mike was named to 401kWire's 2010 list of 100 Most Influential People in Defined Contribution, based on reader votes, input from distributions and statistics about advisor practices gathered directly from nominees.In 2009 Mike's advisory firm became one of the few to be CEFEX certified by the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence, as a fiduciary advisor to defined contribution plans, including certification of non- ERISA fiduciary practices for governmental entities.
His firm is of the few nationwide to achieve an independent certification for ERISA 3(38) services.
· Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
· Tax-Exempt & Government Plan Consultant (TGPC)
· Certified Fund Specialist (CFS)
· Certified Life Underwriter (CLU)
· Certified 401(k) Consultant (C(k)P) Affiliations:
· American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
· Florida West Coast Employee Benefits Council (Past President & Education Chair]
· National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA)
· National Tax-Deferred Savings Association (NTSA)
· Retirement Plan Advisory Group (RPAG)
· The Retirement Advisor University
· Retirement Partners Group (LPL Financial)
Fidelis Fiduciary Management and The Platinum 401k, Inc. are independent companies and are not related.